I hope you take this as an opportunity to stop, reflect and smile. Feel free to comment about what I posted, or even better what made YOU smile today.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10th

I smiled today... The boys and I were playing outside in the sandbox today, trying to get playtime in before the rain. Blake kept picking sand up off the patio and bringing it over to me. Every time he gave me the sand I said "Thank you" and he would always respond "you're welcome". I smile every time I hear either of my sons say "thank you" (this is one of Colby's phrases) and hear Blake say "welcome" or "you're welcome". It makes me happy not only to hear them talking, but also to see the example of manners is rubbing off on both boys.
Photobucket

2 comments:

TheFitHousewife said...

That is very cute!

I don't know how many times I've told them to say please and thank you, but it's finally starting to work. I'm hearing it more and more. Now the issue is, just because you say please doesn't mean you get what you want!

Out of the Box into the Kitchen said...

i love it too! avery usually uses please when asking for EVERYTHING! its so cute...please don't do that mama!(when im tickling him)