I hope you take this as an opportunity to stop, reflect and smile. Feel free to comment about what I posted, or even better what made YOU smile today.

Monday, February 15, 2010

February 14th

I smiled today last night... ok I didn't get around to posting cause well you'll understand after you read it. Yesterday was Valentine's day. A day I never really embraced as an adult. I loved doing it with my students, but could have tossed it away for myself. I picked up some treats for the boys and a few sweets for Richard, but that was the extent of our Valentines here. Richard gave me a stuffed teddy bear and a card when I gave them their treats. I thought it was sweet since I think it was the first stuffed animal he has given me. Then I went to go to sleep last night and after I pulled down the covers I found he left me one more treat. He bought me a bag of Ghirardelli chocolate and had put the squares in the bed in the shape of a heart. It's little things like that that make me smile.
-Lori

1 comment:

TheFitHousewife said...

Awwww...that is so sweet (figuratively and literally)!